Wednesday, January 7, 2009

LIFE UPDATE

Hellllo there wonderful people!

If you haven't all given up on waiting for my return to my blog I appreciate you so much for the gap in time that I've allowed to go by! If it makes you all feel better I was commanded.. well asked, by my uncle at Christmas to pleeease post again soon! Lol, I don't think I realized until Christmas that I actually have some followers! I'm so happy to know that! Thanks Uncle Richard for the support and for telling others about my blog! Let them know I'll try not to disappear again, so they should keep reading! Anyways, some really great things have been happening this month and I'm ecstatic to share with you all.

To start with I have a job!! I started Jan. 5th and I love it so far. I'm working at a company in GA learning my way through the financial and marketing departments and trying my best to keep up! As many of you may know, my major was psychology and social work, so working in a manufacturing company is a world's difference that my brain (which has been on autopilot tryin to recover since May) is having to quickly adjust to. And you know what? To my surprise I'm love it!!!!!! It's a little crazy right now wtih coming back from the holidays and since things have picked up for the company it means I personally have a little more down time than I wish I had this week while everyone gets back in their groove. Anyways, It's certainly a blessing from God that I have peace about this job somehow because initial I had so many worries about not following through with my original plan. But sometimes we all have to put our plans on hold to take a detour in life that's need and that is going to lead us to a better place. Please keep me in your prayers always tho! I'm always grateful knowing someone out there is lifting me up.

Okay second bit of news which is wonderful: My always wonderful BF Ankoo finally figured out his plans.... for the next 2 months at least :) To explain, he has decided to go through a very intensive, full throttle Paralegal Certificate Program where after the next 8 weeks he's going to know the ends and outs of our wonderful U.S. Legal system and what all it takes daily( possibly daily for the next few years we hope) to work side by side at a law firm. Just in case someone doesn't know, the reason for a paralegal certification is to be knowledgeable in how to be the right hand man (or woman) to a Lawyer anywhere in the United States. It gets more detailed depending on what type of law a person wants to specifically pursue working in, but that seems to be what interests Ankoo even more; The opportunity to learn so much more about subjects that peak his attention daily.

Thank you thank you thank you to EVERY single one of you who had him in your prayers over the last month. I'm not the type to let things stress me out unless things get to be too last minute, but Ankoo worries when he feels as if he isn't living up his expectations for himself and those of the people who's opinions of him matter to him. He's such a hard worker and I can't wait to see down the line what firm he ends up working with. Continue to pray that he can find a temporary job to get him through these first two months and a Full time job after that. If anyone reading this lives in Georgia and miraculously knows of a law firm here looking for a paralegal or a legal assistant please let me know. God will come through for him, he always has and always will as long as we continue to keep our faith.

Okay-dee, well I'm typed out for now. How is everyone??? Please leave me a msg updating me on YOU and if there is absolutely anything I can pray about for you as well!

Love abundantly,

2 comments:

Nana said...

KK - I am praying that God will open the door He wants Ankoo to walk through. I am so happy for the both of you. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you for finishing college and getting those degrees.
God bless - Love ya

Cheryl said...

Girl I have been praying that God would give you peace about the direction HE wants for your life!
I'm glad you're enjoying working at your new position.

Ok, I know you have a lot going on but on a shallow note, don't you think it's time to take down the Christmas decorations? kidding!

I heart you soooo much!