Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday Wonders

Here's what's on my mind today~
I'd like a Sea kitten with Asparagus on the side....Umm.. NO THANK YOU! Are these people serious?! Now, I'm not some crazy girl who goes out and tortures animals, but I do however enjoy going out to a nice dinner and ordering some Seared Ahi Tuna with whatever yummy side might come with it, and I don't think I've ever ONCE considered it cruel to eat a fish. It's a fish. Period. Just a fish. Doesn't have a big brain, doesn't do something amazing to change the world, besides feeding us very smart people who loving fishing as a past time and enjoy delighting in the spoils of an outdoor adventure....
So why in the world has PETA decided that it would be *Brilliant* to rename "Fish" and start calling them "Seakittens"? This just cracks me up. I fish heard about it listening to 104.7 The Fish radio station here in GA and died laughing when they said, " I guess we might become 104.7 The SeaKitten", and they ofcourse got my attention because of the hilarity of the idea. My goodness, good ol' PETA, you just never know what they're going to come up with next.
For the Record: I went through a phase after I gave up red meat for Lint one year, where I absolutely refused to eat red meat, granted the phase was short lived because I do love grilling (which is totally unavoidable in my fam), but I have nothing against anyone being a Vegans or a Vegatarian. It's pretty awesome and it can be soooo much healthier for you.. I just have an extreme lack of will power when it even comes to dieting.
My only point is do they *really* think changing Fish to SeaKittens is going to deteer more people from eatting fish on a regular basis?? What do y'all think? Great plan or not quite thought through?
Here's the link to their site to learn more, AND my very own sea kitten I made! Lol, wasn't expecting to find that there! Isn't she cute tho?

Create Your Own Sea Kitten at peta.org!

No comments: