Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Eat This, NOT That"

People,
If you love yourself and you love your family then you NEED to buy and Read "Eat THIS, NOT THAT!" by David Zinczenko. I've been hearing about it, and have glanced over it a few times in the last month, but never picked it up. Then today happend..
I've been really annoyed with myself for putting on about.. oh lets say 25lbs in college. yes I know it's HORRIBLE, and the worst part is it happend in my junior and senior year. You know how they say that when you're in a happy relationship sometimes you tend to put on pounds because you aren't worrying as much about what's going in your mouth as you are about what you're saying out of it? Well, that's what happend to me, and I truely hate it. I've always been pretty rough on myself about my weight. I look at my pictures from my senior year in high school, when I was 5'8" and weighed 120 and I get Soooo angry at myself for having thought I was FAT! I had to be out of my mind!! Gotta love the mind of a 17 yr old. Ugh, too late to dwell on it, all I can do is work my behind off to get closer to that weight again!
I had been working out since August, but I stopped when the holidays hit in November, and now it feels impossible to get to the gym after work evry afternoon, so I've been running my options. I'm not a dieter. I can't do it. I hate keeping track of things like food, it just seems like a waste of time. So instead I try to be aware of what I'm eatting on my own, and it helps a lot because I do have some pretty stronge will ( looking in the mirror is always a helpful reminder). I've cut out cokes and all sweets, I don't even keep them in the pantry. I only have time to shop at the store once a week, so as long as I don't put it in the cart that one time then it stays away from me.
Anyways, I came upon this website today(yes it's men's health not womens, but who cares! hehe) http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Drink-This-Not-That/Drink_This_Juice.php and it shows examples of the Eat This, Not That drinks from the book. My jaw dropped when I saw the unfortunate favorite drinks of mine in the NOT THAT categories! :( Guh.. it was a sign! Needless to say, I'm hopping in my happy car on the way home tomorrow and stopping in at barnes n nobles to pick up my copy. If you go to the site, which I hope you do, I think you'll see why I'm already suggesting everyone get this book. It's not telling you to not enjoy food, it's just encouraging you to order a Double Espresso Macchiato w/ 15 calories & 0g fat instead of the usual Large Caffe Latte w/190 calories and 7g fat. Yeah umm... Seems worth it to me! What do y'all think??

Have a Thankful Thursday!

3 comments:

Abby said...

I've heard about this book! Seriously, why is eating right so difficult?!

Andhari said...

I get depressed about the word dieting itself. I cant only stay away from 3 things : pasta, cocktails, and starbucks lattes.

nellajane said...

Hey, I found your blog through Blog stalkers (i'm pretty bored!), and like this blog. I actually have been reading this book, and it was a TOTAL wake up call for me. I'm always on the hunt for the newest and greatest health books, and this was great. Happy Blogging!