Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where are you Mr. Laptop??

Have you heard the saying "A watched pot never boils"? Oh boy was that me all day today! I am dying to receive my beautiful new laptop from Dell, but because of all the issues I've had in the past with packages I had it sent to my work (yes, i made sure it was okay to do so!). I pretty much live in the middle of the country and for who knows what reason the FedEx people specifically have no clue how to actually deliver a package to our house. We have a gate which is clearly marked exactly how to ring the house etc. etc. .... point is its usually to try to send it there! So.. here I am trying with all my might to stare at my computer and do my work today.. too bad I am on the front of the office building.. and too bad I can see straight on down the road to see every single car that rolls on by! It was torture!!!! Ugh.. I must have looked up and caught atleast 9 FedEx trucks drive on by today and not a single one had turned in by 4pm. I was distraught to say the least!

Well.. gotta home just now from work and on my way in the door my phone beeps at me that i have an email. I check it and find out FedEx tried delivering at 5:11pm... too bad our mail room shuts down at 4:30!!! needless to say I'm less than pleased and pray it makes it's way back tomorrow!

No comments: