Friday, January 16, 2009

I live where?? And it's how cold???

Yeaa.. so I live in Georgia... one of the few places in teh United states known for pretty much only having 3 seasons. We typically have a little bit of Spring, and incredibly LONG Summer, followed by Fall, but on a *normal* year we skip right past Winter and never get weather colder than the 40s except maybe a fluke day or two in January.

Oh no no no, that's not the weather I woke up to this morning!! Now I'm a good girl. I watched the news diligently for the last 6 days waiting for this supposed "cold front" to show up. Granted, it has been in the 30s the past couple mornings, but eh, I can completly deal with that, no serious winter coat needed.

But this morning ( THANK GOODNESS FOR GARAGES) I got in my car and saw my outside temp go from 33 to 13 in a matter of driving down the drive way. I started listening to people talking about the cold on the radio and I couldn't believe it but I'd gone about 10 minutes and it had dropped to 12, which was the exact temp low they were reporting on the radio! Lo and behold I looked down and this is what I saw:

Yep That's right! 10 degrees! Didn't stay like that for long, but I was ready with my phone just incase it got in to the single digits! Hope you all are staying warm! Sorry I'm just a wimp, I bet some of y'all are in negative numbers in your part of the world! I'm send you all hot cocoa with marshmellows if I could!
Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Hana said...

Hello,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's always nice to make a new friend. And, for the record it's freezing here in NC too. Our high today is like 25 degrees. Brrrrr! Nothing like stayin inside on a day like this...although I did have to venture out to a quilt shop that was having a huge sale on fabric. You should see my stash...it's so beautiful! LOL!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Ha!!! Hey there! I found you through BSU!!! Just found that site tonight and I can already tell I'm gonna like it. :)

I'm in Indiana, and girl, you wouldn't believe how cold it has gotten up here!!! If I took a pic of my digital dash readout, it was well into the negatives!!!!! ha!

Cute blog and I love your spirit. What was your major at Auburn?

Courtney and the Boys