Thursday, February 19, 2009

Writer's Workshop #1

This is my first attempt at MamaKat's Writer's Workshop so I'm gunna go do a little mental dance and decide from the Prompts provided!

The Prompts:

1.) If you were starring on American Idol TONIGHT and HAD to sing, what song would you choose and why.
2.) Take a picture of yourself right this minute without primping and explain to us why it is you have not washed your hair today.
3.) I just asked Pat to help me with a writing prompt so here's his: "What do you think about the NBA All Star game"...blech.
4.) What's your number one pet peeve? Develop a punishment for anyone caught in the act.
5.) Write about something mean you did to a sibling growing up.


My Picks... I'm going with #2 AND #1 because I only know about football, and i have OLDER siblings so they tortured Me!
Number DOS.

I'm at work, so this was taken quickly in my office! The weird blue light is from the windows being tinted and bright sunshine bursting thru for a brief moment!

I DID however wake up at 5:30am.. okay fine I got out of bed at 6(late as usual!) and shower and wash my hair! It looks mightily FLUFFY today because I had no time to dry it...

To be honest I took 7 pictures before this to get me hair to look normal and not like a big 80s wig.. but I didn't primp!! I pinkie promise!
Moving on....

Numero 1.
I thought and pondered and panicked and questioned all yesterday evening about what song I would sing if put in front of Randy, Kara, Paula, and Simon. I wondered, " What song would they think was "ME"? What would be as they say "appropriate for your age"?"

They strongly dislike songs that are too old for you as in I could never do a song from the 90s, and would definitely question that I was only 12 in 1999.. so that crossed out a good number of choices floating in my head, aka Edwin McCain "I'll Be." I know he's a guy-- I actually know a guy who Edwin was his stand-in at a bar in Colorado on nights when he took off, gotta love it-- but a lot of people take songs from the opposite gender and change them up a bit to fit them! Just think it would be a good audition or first performance song, but nope! I'll Be

Then I really like Taylor Swift's "Should've Said No"-- GREAT range in the song, always good to showcase the range of voice :), and it's "age appropriate. Problem is it would be unbelievable for ME to sing that in front of Thousands of people on stage on the first LIVE broadcast w/ music and the backup singers. I just KNOW (how do I know? I just do. Trust me.Seriously people) Paula would be up dancing to my voice if I performed this song. Too bad it's not a great audition song. Despite my love of it.. it would have to wait til Hollywood Week. Should've Said No

And so... I landed out Leona Lewis' "I Will Be." Fantastical Range-Would be great acapela- Age appropriate- Discovered my Simon himself-- It's the perfect song! If it's not playing on my page YET travel your way to the bottom of my page and click on it! Let me know what ya think!! Oh, and No, I will never be tapping myself singing this song for y'alls listening pleasure! Haha. I'm not a gluten for punishment!!

Soooo..... which prompt are you pickin' today?? If you haven't yet, but want to write too go to Mama's Losin' It and visit Kat every Wednsday to get the promps and then link up on her page on Thursday!

Hope y'all enjoyed my use of my funny bone today!

Smile all Day and see how many people smile back while you're out today!!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Great photo and I love Leona Lewis.

Paige said...

Good pic---if it only took 7, you did good!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Great song choice! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

Andhari said...

Thats a good song choice, it will be hard to mess up things with that song :)