Monday, February 2, 2009

One car in, one car out

After being at Auburn for 3 years I finally decided to get an AU sticker back in 2007. My delay was never because I didn't want to support my school, but more because I was so undecisive about which sticker to get! It sounds so silly in retrospect, but either way I finally took the pludge and bought one. Well on the same day I bought an AU sticker I also bought a Jesus Fish. I've always wanted one, but wasn't really sure where to get one.

Well, ever since the first day I put those on my car I have become the most overly careful, considerate driver on the road. I figure if I was to ever pullout in front of someone or cut someone off the very first thing they would think/say would be " Ugh, she has one of those stupid fish stickers! Typical. That so figures." and I'm not going to gratify someone, anyone, with the chance to say that. :) I love having that little fishie on my car. It represents who I am above all other things. Above being a daughter, a girlfriend, a nieces, a cousin and just a good friend, I am a child of God, and He is my Father. He is the number one person I turn to when good and bad things happen in my life.

I encourage anyone who is a Christian to spend the little $8 or so and place a Fish on the back of the car. If you have to second guess whether that's a good idea... maybe you should rethink your driving skills! Just kidding!

Anyways, every morning I always stop to let people in front of me that are coming in from side streets, and I love to look in my rear-view mirror to see if by me stopping maybe the people behind me will let someone in to... And wouldn't you know, I always watch atleast four cars behind me let a car out infront of them too. It's just a habit I've been in ever since I started driving. If you're patient and show others a small kindness every day it will not only make you smile and start your day off great, but happiness will come around to you again in return when you don't expect it.

Have a great monday!

2 comments:

The Ratpack said...

Thats a cute story! Sometimes its the little things that make a big difference!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and of course you can add me to your list! I look forward to reading more from you!

Andhari said...

This actually makes me embarassed of my driving skill, Im such a bad driver I wonder why I got the license? :P