Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things to do While I’m Alive

As I've mentioned in a previous post, my friend and I wrote lists when we were younger of the "Things To Do BEFORE Turning 30," and that list has stuck around for along time now. The big thing I'm determined to do IS to finish seeing ALL 50 STATES before my 30th birthday, but the rest of list is a combination of the "by 30" list and new things that I want to challenge myself to do! Just thought I'd share--- maybe it will inspire my to cross a few more off the list this year :)

Things to do While I’m Alive


See the Northern Lights
Skydive
Learn to play Acoustic Guitar
Marry the man that God created solely for me
Have 3 children
Adopt a Child
Travel to all 7 Continents: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antartica, Europe, Australia
Run a ½ Marathon
Visit all 50 states:
Ones that I have left to see--
Alaska, Conneticutt, Delaware, Idaho, Indianna, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michagan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington
(Been to: 28 out of 50)AL,AZ,AR,CA,CO,FL,GA,HI,IL,IA,KY,MO,MT,NV,NJ,NM,NY,NC,OR,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VA,WA,WI,WY
Own my own home: (In the process of maybe coming true..)
Own a chocolate lab
Road trip across the country for a week or two
Lead someone to Christ
Honestly read the Bible from cover to cover (for content, not just to do it!)
Go Fly Fishing!
Learn to Crochet
Visit Israel
Bungie Jump
Swim with Dolphins
See the Passion Play in Oberammergau: X (2000), hopefully going again in 2010
Be Published
Cook a dinner for 100 strangers
Step foot in every ocean: Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Southern, Artic
Volunteer at a Hospital
Volunteer at an Orphanage: X
Go on a Mission Trip: X(2008-Costa Rica)
Get the Courage to Scuba Dive in the Great Barrier Reef
Sell One Photograph
See the Grand Canyon: X (2008)
Sleep on a Train over Night
Go to Walden Pond
Learn to Ballroom dance
Write someone elses life story w/o mentioning yourself: Wrote my Gram's story last spring! Amazing experience and something that couldn't have happend at the best possible time
Be an extra in a film
See a lunar eslipse
Sleep under the stars (no tent)
Grow a garden w/o killing it
Play with a big game cat (ie. leopard, chettah, tiger, lion)
Send a message in a bottle
Photograph an endangered species
Write a letter to myself, put it in a library book & look for it in 10yrs
Ride an Elephant
Catch fireflys w/ my grandparents like I did when I was little
Stand at the North Pole
Stand at the South Pole
Meet as many United States Presidents as Possible: Pres. H.B. Bush, Pres. G.W. Bush
Take a submarine ride to see the Titantic
Be someones mentor

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this list!

Cheryl said...

Oh yeah, I so want to go to the play in 2010! That will be our 5th wedding anniversary and I think it would be a perfect time for us to go!

Claremont First Ward said...

So great that you made such a comprehensive list. I need to take your lead and do the same. Even if I am over 30 already. :)

Laura said...

Love this list...would love to share in the adventure! You are such an inspiration!