Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To:Kaylan-- From: God

So there's this women named Angie Smith who's blog Bring The Rain has touched my life beyond words. I was looking for a bible verse that I knew she had on her blog and just spent the last hour searching for her page because I paniced when it was not on my list.( I still don't know what happend) When I found it I quickly scrolled down the page looking for the quote, and a these simple words caught my eye:

So, Sundays...we're going to Calcutta.

The words were in bold. For a reason. I stopped and just starred. Like the air in my lungs wouldn't move. The reason? Just last night I went with my life long friend Mary to go see the movie "Slum Dog Millionare" which is about the slums in India. I hadn't seen Mary in over a year, but on a whim called her and made dinner plans. We went with a group of people from Mary's church ,Perimeter Church here in GA ,who she has gone with to India twice now. It was wonderful hearing more stories from her about her experiences on the trip, and then seeing the real pictures in the film. On the way out of the theater I asked, " Well, does Perimeter have any plans to go back soon?" and she told me of a trip that a group of high schoolers are taking this summer, then she said to me, " Maybe you could go with us next time?" and just smiled.

That thought has been in my head all day, I just keep pondering it, so when I read Angie's full blog and found out she is going to Calcutta with Compassion Bloggers, who if you haven't heard of before please go check them out, I started praying immediately for the children over in India-- the ones that Angie and the others on her mission team will be meeting-- the ones that will comes to have better lives because of the impact Compassion will have-- the ones that may come to know Jesus Christ all because of people who are willing to GO, take the time and GO share God's word-- I prayed for Angie to use her amazing testimony and life to give her strength and wisdom while in India, and then I prayed that God continue to lead me and guide me to where I'm suppose to be in my life. To give me a sign somehow of how He wants to use me.

Please be praying with me for the things above, It means so much to know that I have support out there even of people that don't fully know me, but who I hope are able to know my heart.

Continuing to Be Transformed--

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sweet Kaylan, I will be praying God's direction for you. You are a willing vessle...He will use you mightly! Please be praying for me as well...our church is offering several mission opportunities this year...I feel led to do something but don't have a peace yet about leaving Chaz for almost 2 weeks...perhapse He is calling me to one of our local mission opportunities. I Love You!