Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We Live, We Love, We Forgive and Never Give Up!



I've fallen in love with this song this morning. Unfortunately, the last month has been a very trying one for my sweetheart, and although I know it's only coincidence it hit me this morning that my Grams told me last week that, "When bad things happen, they happen in threes.. so tell him to watch out!" Of course she was only joking. And at the time there was no way for us to know that on February 3rd, today, Ankoo and Eva would have to be attending a wake for their lifelong friend Randall. It's such a tragedy, and knowing that if only he had worn his seatbelt the morning of January 31st that he might still be alive makes it even harder to deal with.

This song is very uplifting, and just what I needed to hear, because it's saying that we never know if we'll wake up tomorrow, and that we have to live for today, and for God, no matter what comes our way. Please be praying for Ankoo and his sister Eva tonight as they attend the wake for Randell Helton, Jr. and tomorrow as they attend his funeral. I wish I could be there to wrap my arms around both of them, but I know that God will be there with them, which brings a comfort as I sit and wait for the inevitable call filled with tears this evening.



P.S. A plea from Ankoo: No matter how itchy it may be, or how much you think it's a nuissance, or just plan don't want to, PLEASE Wear your seatbelt! No matter your age or the distance you're going, it could save your life one day.

3 comments:

4under3 said...

I found you through MckMama and thought I'd say hey.

I love Superchick! And wearing my seatbelt. I feel like I'd fly out the window if I don't have it on...even in the driveway.

Tiff

Big Sister said...

Hey I' luv that song! It has a good beat! It also has a great message! I'm sorry anout Ankoo's friend! Love you!!

Tracy said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of this friend. May God comfort his family and friends with His perfect peace.

I'm with you...this song is one of my all-time favorites...it's message is one we all need to hear...often!

Blessings,
Tracy