Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yes I accept my assignment :)

Yay for Mama Kat! Her assignments always bring up such wonderful... and sometimes repressed memories! *grin*


Prompts this week:
1.) Write a limerick.
2.) Normal is...
3.) Describe a memorable camping experience.
4.) What's the best thing that has happened this week?
5.) Did you have a childhood hideout? Where? Describe it.
6.) Words that hurt me.

In the words of one of my best friends, " I am NOT NORMAL!!!!..... I'm regular! :) " I love her dearly for her oddness and regularness of course!

Moving on- I pick.....

1.) Write a Limerick:
A.
There once girl name Kaylan.
She chose to vote for Palin.
Sorry to say, she certainly didn't get her way.
So they both ran off a wailin'.
B.
There once was a girl name Boo.
She loved to yodel, "Youu Whooo!"
A boy she did spot; Oh no they got caught,
Playin in mud at the Zoo!
C.
Why don't I try to be Normal.
Or Maybe Even just Formal?
Oh No, that's not Me! You get what you See!
A beaut who has no signs of a mormal!
It's fun being goofy in the morning--Definitely has brightened up my day!
Definition of mormal -for those who know i searched long and hard for a word to go w/formal!
6.) Words that hurt me.

"Yeah, you look fine.. I guess. (Without glancing my direction)"

I realize the absurdity of caring about looks, so let me first say these words don't bother me because I care sooooooo much about my looks, I'm a pretty low-maintenance person when it comes to my daily routine. I'm not a blow dryer type of girl. I let my hair air-dry in the car on the way to work, pull a brush through it as I pull into a parking space and put on my makeup as I try not to glide through too many almost-red-lights. I get hurt by the words "Yeah, you look fine I guess," because it feels like someone is saying I don't care- you look just the same as usual, blah. No worse than usual I guess. It's a "i dont wanna take the time to look- who cares!" respsonse. I don't want a WOW response, all I want from a responder to my question is a teensy clear moving of eyeballs in my general eyeball direction, a 5 second pause to look at me, then a little smiling with the eyes as I love to call it that says ,"Yes, of course you look great!" Hmm... I hope I'm getting my point across-lol- I hope other women have been there before and actually understand me! It's that loving way a person looks at you and says I'm glad your mine ever time I look at u- sans actual words!
I'm in for a life time of heartache boys and girls-- I have way to high of romantic standards and I don't even know where they came from! I told y'all I loved Beauty and the Beast too much as a young child! Cursed for life!..... So be it! :)
Keep havin' a pleasant Thursday!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Great limerick...you are so creative (i didn't even know where to start)!!
And I know what you mean....come on, you can at least pretend like you are looking at me when answering me...humor me!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

OmGosh...I could never make a limerick!!! That was fantastic! Very creative you are....I might have to take a limerick lesson!!!

heidi said...

I know what you're talking about. Unfortunately for my poor husband, I never believe him when he tells me I look good. Nice, huh?

Andhari said...

Totally understandable. They need a special class on how to be more sensitive. really. It's not you, it's them .

Jen said...

Great limericks and I am so with on the how do I look thing. We just want their attention.