Tuesday, March 10, 2009

USA Today paper

I'm in Northern Country for the next few days on work and didn't want y'all to feel I just didn't care about writing! It's really late here, but I wanted to leave a QUICK blog!

While on the plane today I was skimming through the USA Today trying to find something to keep my interest before dozing off. My eye caught an article on the FRONT PAGE that was about Owners and companies that are Giving Back during hard times. The people/companies are from all over, and I was happy as I saw that one of the Companies was in Brewton, AL... For those who have never heard of Brewton, that's not surprising. It's teeny-tiny and in South-west Alabama, sorta nearing Mobile. I kept reading and the Pharmacy company is also in ATMORE, AL!!!!!! This is exciting because my Sweetie is from Atmore, and that HAD to be the first and Only time Atmore has ever ever EVER been in the USA TODAY!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Maybe they'll actually be put on maps now! The man who owned the business was giving $16,000 to his employees- $700 to full time employees and $300 to part time-- and encouraging each of them to give 15% of the money to charity or organizations in the area. The idea is to continue the process of giving back and continuing to help others, keeping the economy going. Pretty neat to see- Just thought I would share that happy moment with y'all.

Have any of y'all ever been in the news paper or had a friend appear in one???

God Bless-- KK

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cool! Good for them.

Faith said...

I came across your blog from the MckMama community. I loved this post. It reminds me why I love living in the south so much (I'm from Alabama too). People always help each other out, no matter what they're going through! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

That is a really great thing to be in the paper for!