Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Food from the Experienced

Wordful Wednesday!!!

The perfect day to post a picture and write ALL about it!!!

So wonderfully hosted by Angie at SeVen CloWn CirCuS! Be sure to go check her out, and see all the other Wordful Wednesdays posted today!!!

There are so many sweet surprises in life that just WOW you arne't there? Last night after shopping with my mom she said she was going to run to the grocery store and would see me at home in a bit, so when she arrived about 30 minutes later I was ready to start cookin....but then I received an amazing sweet surprise!!!! My sweet, unbelievably amazing, 83 yr old grandmother had spend teh after noon make US dinner. Why did she do this?
"Just because she wanted to" say the exact answer I received from my mom. :)

My Grams is above and beyond what any granddaught could ever in a million years wish for! I know she knows she's loved by every single member of this family whether they are apart of it by birth or by God's grace!

Soooo, I wanted to show y'all what she made!!! It's called Tamale Pie, and boy was it tasty!

Tamale Pie w/ refried beans, and white rice! Mmm

With a big ice cold glass of Diet Dr. Pepper on the side of course :)

And just in case you we're wondering if I enjoyed it....

Here is what the plate looked like
after it had been in my presence for a few minutes....

What can I say? I love Mexican, and I love my Grams cookin' even more!!!

Did anyone else have somethin' delicious for dinner last night?????

Love Love Love

~KK~

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Yum, looks good. I love diet doctor pepper too!

Jen said...

Oh that looks yummy! Will you please share the recipe?