Monday, May 18, 2009

God Kept it Simple

God Kept It Simple When He Made Me..

He gave me milk chocolate-carmel brown eyes like my Mom,

Long dark brown hair like my Grams,

And One little dimple that stands out when I smile.

He gave me the gift of gab like.. well.. everyone in my family,

The ability to read whether people are good or bad like my Father,

And to top it all off the complete inability to lie...Ever.

It seems to me God wanted to keep things simple for Him and for me.

He made me just the same as so many others He has created for centuries, but at the same time He has never made a girl exactly like me.

And of those gifts that stands out today that He gave me was the Gift of NOT lying. It sounds kinda funny, but it is a gift. I stutter, I "umm" and I talk even faster than I already talk, but I know as well as anyone who knows me that it's just pointless. Why even give it a try?

You'd think I'd give up wouldn't you? You'd be right... but I always try first... Then I give up and typically turn myself in immediately...

Another gift He gave me... Humility. And a really Large Conscious! I may be the most self-aware person that I know. Maybe that's because of the choices I've made and the lessons I've learned, but I always feel unbearable when I make uneasy decisions, or bad decisions.

This was on my mind today because I realized I was asked if I'd done something last week that I..well.... forgot to do! I felt bad, but I had taken care of getting it down... just not on the day I should have! Nothing big, but I felt guilty. When I was asked about the thing, I pretty much immediately started talkin fast to "try" and cover my guilt. Oh well, I can't be perfect and I just thought I should own up to that on here today. I felt the need. That's Me and That's All.

Happy Monday

&

Keep it Simple--Don't Lie!

~love~
KK

No comments: