Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Becoming a Dodo Bird

I have always thought, "Oh, Wouldn't Tiquana, Mexico be a fun place to go to one day!?" I've always heard people talk about it, and just assumed it must be really pretty, or atleast fun to go to....

Exibit A: Raphus cucullatus... Also known as a Dodo Bird! Below is a Self Portrait of ME!

I thought this was the best example of how I feel after watching America's Most Wanted. Gooooood LORD! Do you have any clue how many cartels run through Tiquana?!?!?!!??! Holy Moly, I was shocked to see the warehouses stacked full of drugs down there.

I always have felt so safe living where I am. I mean, I've always had boyfriends who are quite good with guns because of hunting and just a general interest in personal safety, and I've always had an awareness myself.... but I've been a little unnerved watching America's Most Wanted.

The state I live in has a large Mexican and Chinese population that has increased tremendously and it's eerie to think there may easily be cartels out there only miles for where I sleep. I've heard lately that the drug rings are becoming more common in near by counties and are creeping their way into upper-class, luxury neighborhoods. I guess that shouldn't be surprising seeing how much blood money is involved in this.... "industry."

They are the fastest growing crime threat in the United States.

Shelby County, Alabama which is basically Birmingham, AL was hit by the cartels last year when 5 men were found murdered by a Gun-for-hire. The sherriff in Alabama said, "You may think just because you've never been affected by it, that you never will but that's not true. These 6 men that committed the murder drove around on our streets and lived around here. They could have been next to You at the traffic light, and could have easily hit you if you had gotten between them and their target."

How do we fight against ruleless people who find drugs more valuable than life?

No comments: