Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

It's really hard to fathom that on this day two thousand years ago, God sacrifice his ONLY Son to be curxified on the cross, so that each of us living today, and those who came before us, and will come after us, would be saved, and given the chance to have all of our sins washed away.

All of them. I feel so undeserving sometimes of such a thing. I know that His love is so much greater than any other love in this world, and it's so hard to take it. I'm in awe daily. When I look outside and every little thing He created, or look at my friends' sweet childrens' faces that to me are such a sweet blessing and miracle that only He can give.

Today is a day that many forget about on this weekend-- It's not on purpse, but sometimes we all get overwhelmed with getting to spend time with family, hunting easter eggs, and having Easter dinner that we let the reason we are all getting together slip away.

On this beautiful Good Friday I'm praying for each and every one of you who Jesus died on the cross to save. You are all so precious, and are each very very dear to my hearts.

The following are the 7 Words that Jesus Christ said on the Cross. I've been reading through them, one each hour ( One for every hour he hung on the cross +1 extra at the end).

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:43).
Woman, behold your son: behold your mother (John 19:26-27).
Eli Eli lama sabachthani? ("My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?", Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34).
I thirst (John 19:28).
It is finished (John 19:30).
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46).

With lots of love,
KK

1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Always LOVE the reminders and the Bible Verses. I have been telling my kids this year that Easter is NOT about the Easter Bunny but about Jesus and what he did for us, so I love the verses that I can use with them!

Thanks so much and Have a GREAT EASTER!!!!