Thursday, April 9, 2009

100th Post: Glorification in the Office

"Does my job glorify Him?"

A girl in my small group said those words last night, and although I've thought those words indirectly in my subconscious, I've never stoped to say those words out loud:

Does my job- that I'm in right now- that I spend 40 hours at ever single week- does it glorify Him??
I don't have an answer yet.
I'm working it out in my head.
Here's why...
Reasons for yes:
  1. I am obeying my father. My father owns the business that I very happily work for. It's been his hope since I was born that I would grow up to have an interest in a business that he started. Therefore, I am heeding God's word-- not sure if that means I'm glorifying him.
  2. I've made friends in my office who openly profess Jesus Christ as their Savior. I have no fear of discussing my love for My Father as my work. It gives me great joy to be able to do so without any worry or fear of judgement. I'm happy to be working in a positive enviroment. I feel deeply that in life it's important to support the people you work with, no matter what in the world their religion is. I love the variety of people I work with, and I can learn from each of them. It is nice to have that common interest though. In that way, I do feel I am glorifying him.
  3. I want to continue to help my company grow, and in doing that I hope to one day have side plans that WILL in fact glorify God. It will be a project that is solely for Him, in His name, and for His Glory. Every day the things I learn will help me to be better suited to prepare me for the projects to come.
  4. he knows my life, and He is leading it. The path I've gone is the path that I feel He is leading me on. Evidence of that is that this is not where I thought I was suppose to be headed, but it's where I felt myself being lead. I feel no worry about where I am, and actually have no fear about how this is affecting my life. If anything, where I am in my job has actually been what has brought me closer to God in the last couple of months.

I don't think I can come up with any "No"'s except to say that I wish I was doing God's work all throughout those 40hrs of work, but maybe I am. I feel I have a purpose here- for Him, not just for myself- and we'll just have to see. I just have to continue to have an open heart and open ears, and be sure to listen when He says it's time to Go.

So are you glorifying God in your work place? It's not an easy thing to answer... but it should be. I'm going to try to keep this in the forefront of my mind and not allow it to get pushed back.

Happy Happy Thursday! Is everyone ready for Easter? I can't wait!

KK

No comments: