Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Scatter-Brained: In need of Advice!

My brain is going in TWO completely opposite directions right now and I'd LOVE some ideas and advice from y'all!!!!

Help #1:
My small group and I are in the market for a new Bible Study to start and I need some ideas!!!

Has anyone done a study recently that they really loved or a study in the past that you feel would be relevant to a group of 10 twenty-yr old girls???

Please let me know!

I would love some hep from you lovely ladies!

Help #2:
One of my best friends is getting married in September, and I'm one of her bridesmaids! The dilema I'm facing right now is that as one of the bridesmaids I want to plan a bridal shower for her (most likely with a kitchen/home theme) with her other bridesmaids.

I'm always the party planner, so it just fits for me to take this on-- The problem is although I have attended way too many showers to count, I can't decide what sort of place to have the shower! HELP ME!!! My thoughts are either at a tea room in Buckhead or possibly at my home, but I'm not sure what's more appropriate and normal.

Where have you all gone to or thrown showers at before???? If I can get over the hump of picking a location I'll be set-- the decor, food, and entertainment is easy for me once I know where I'm planning it for! I just need a little help deciding, please.

My brain is not working with it being pulled in too many directions!

Please leave any helpful advice on bible studies and/or bridal showers in the comments section :)

Love Love Love
-Kaylan-

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

On the Bible Study, Beth Moore (my imaginary bff) is leading s study this summer. She'll post a video every other week, so it may not work since y'all meet weekly. It's called Me, Myself and Lies. You can read about it on her blog.
She did one last summer, that incorporates food in each lesson (recipes are included). It's called No Other Gods by Kelly Minter, it's a great bible study

Having it at your home is always better cause you don't feel rushed, imo!

Hope to see you soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

For Help #1:

Last fall I did a study by Nancy Guthrie on Hebrews called "Hoping for Something Better: Refusing to Settle for Life as Usual."

It was fantastic; Hebrews is so full of encouragement and hope and charges to carry on in the faith. As a young 20-something woman undergoing transition it did much to bolster my faith in He who is trustworthy!

Also, anything by Beth Moore is beyond wonderful. "Believing God" is fantastic because she went to seminary between that one and her previous one and the meat. Oh, the meat in "Believing God." My Bible study did it senior year of college and we all still talk about how God used it to impact us.