Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pushing Forward

Things have been going really well around these parts. It's been a busy Season in my life and I've been turning to Him with a sack full of decisions and answers that I've been seeking. I'm relearning for about the 1000th time what it means to lean on Him for understanding and not on myself. That control is something I've always seeked to hold on to when life starts spinning, but my heart and my mind both have been on the right track for sometime now. I feel like ME again.

I went a few weeks ago from being in a long relationship and having someone around 24/7 to being... Single. It sounds like such a weird word. One that I've very rarely used to describe myself in the last.. 10 years I'd say. I've always been very content with who I am, so I never hoped into a relationship just to be in one, but I never took the time to think things through to the point of "Am I ready to be in this relationship?" "Is this the type of man I should be dating?" "Have I prepared myself to be the person I should be in a relationship?". Things are different this time though. I'm not in need of someone to feel a hole in my life, that's what I have God for. I'm happy with who I am and where I stand in life with my friends, family and with My Creator.... But of course my heart wants to my connected with the ONE person out there crazy enough to put up with my rambling, my moments of insanity, my sense of humor, and all the family baggage that comes along with the "Kaylan Package." He's out there... My Father is Awesome. It's just that easy to have faith that He's the one leading me to a life I can't even wrap my thoughts around.

North Point Community Church has been such an answer to prayers. It's almost unthinkable that just a year ago I would drive by NPCC and wonder what it would be like to go to that church just one time.. ya know.. just to see what it was like compared to my church. I prayed my heart out about why was I not feeling like I was growing in His Word. I was living my life the right way, and studying Him, but it just wasn't happening, I felt a disconnect, a little confused and uncertain where I should be heading-- like when I was down a little and needed encouragement I didn't have a solid place to go to the get the right words I was needing to hear.... Then I went to North Point. It has changed so much about even my daily life that I just can't believe I couldn't see where I needed to be sooner!

But His Timing is always right on time, and man was it Ever!!! I have the world's greatest small group. Those girls are amazing. They are crazy and silly, and sometimes of their rocker just like me, but we all have a common love for the Lord, and a desire to grow with one another studying what He has for us to learn and hear, and share with one another.

Because of those girls, I've met some of my favorite people :) (You know who you are!) who otherwise who knows whether we would have met!! Life holds so many unknowns, it leaves me begging to take a glimps at what's coming next, but as someone reminds me daily I have to take things "one day at a time."

Friends with their hearts on fire for Jesus Christ are a blessing that goes beyond words. They give me a happiness and a contentness that I haven't found before. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I pray one day that you will. If you're readin this, I'm so glad to know I'm friends/family with you! You don't have to be blood related to be considered part of my family, trust me about that!

All my Love, Always!
KK

To ALL MY FAMILY IN FLORIDA: I can't believe not even ONE of you plotted to kidnap me and take me with you!!!!!! :( Lol, Hope y'all are having a great time and taking LOTS of pictures to bring back and rub in my face! By the way... who keeps letting the kids prank call me on my cell phone?! I know it's yall.. Emma..Mia!!! Love you all-- Be safe, and bring me home a sand dollar if u can find one! *Kisses*


2 comments:

Chelsea Coker said...

Hello,

Thanks for the comment you left on our blog. I'm so glad that we got to meet you! You are such a sweet heart & Madison LOVED you!!!! You have to come back soon & visit!
Did you see that Pioneer Woman has a new site? It's called Tasty Kitchen & it's AWESOME!!! You have to go check it out. :)

Nana said...

I tried talking you into coming down.