Thursday, July 16, 2009

One month to Go...

In exactly one month from 4:59am this morning I will be twenty-three

Twenty-three? Really? That's it?!
I don't feel twenty-three... when I say it outloud it seems really young. I realize in the grand scheme of things I've only lived out about a quarter of my life so far... but looking at the more immediate microscopic view of my life I wonder, "When am I going to kick things up a notch and get things movin along??" Sounds silly, but that's where I stand with it. :)

I love other people having birthdays!! I love baking cakes, planning parties and dinners, and searching out the perfect present that fits each person uniquely! And seeing someones face when they walk in and realize that whole day/dinner/moment was created for them... PRICELESS!!!

....Me on the other hand? Not crazy about my own birthday. Not because I'm not happy about being a year old and having lived another 365 days, but I just never feel any change. I love celebrations, but for me I just don't get celebrating something that I don't feel much emotion about! It's absurb I keep thinking about it that way!! (I will not turn down presents or the offer to do something really awesome to celebrate tho! FYI :) )

ON THE OTHER HAND.. I'll be 23!!! Where did year 1-22 go?!?! ..hehe. Apparently I have contradicting thoughts in my head! I think on my bday I'll take some time to reflect on what has happend and come to be from August 16th, 2008 til August 16th, 2009...

I got so giddy at lunch today (quick story!!)! I walked in to one of my favorite eateries here in GA and right in front of me are a group of four 30-something year old girls with 7 beautiful, silly, crazy little ones running around!

I very slyly snapped this photo (then felt like a stalker!) as a reminder of the awesomeness of Friends + Kiddos

I'm kid crazy.. that's pretty obvious.. but seeing those precious kids with their mommies just made me so happy! Like I've said many times, I'm at the point right now where I'm watching friends, one after another, get engaged and start talking about how it's killing them to think of waiting a year to start a family. I love that they are sooooo happy! My cup runneth over with joy knowing they are all finding that one person who their life will be inner-twined with until the day they die.

But my golly I wanna be on that boat too!! I swear I'm willin to swim out to the boat if they'll hold up a second! Lol--- Life is all about timing though. I'm happy in the "Waiting Room" of life reading my REAL SIMPLE magazine and just being excited that one day maybe some girl who's 22 about to be 23 will be lookin over at my 30-something self with my brood of sweet angels, and my best girl friends with their little ones, wondering and wishing, " When will that be me? They look so happy! I can't wait to have that too!"

So, Life is great even with the birthday looming in the near future! I'm trying to plan somethings to do for other people during my birthday month instead of making it about ME. After all.. if God hadn't created me I wouldn't be here to begin with!! I really want to cross something big off My List of things to Do... I'm trying to find a way to complete the "Cook for 100 people"... do we think Soup Kitchen would make that count????? If so.. volunteering here I come!

All My Love

Hope this week has been great and the weekend gets even better!

Kay-Kay

1 comment:

currifa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.