Saturday, November 29, 2008

God Must Be an Auburn Tiger...

The saying in Auburn goes:
God must be an Auburn Tiger because the Sky is Blue and the Sunset is Orange!

Well... I reminded my mom of this last weekend ( who is actually in love with our Auburn Tigers as much as me) and her only comment back was, " Well... if he is a Tiger... he must be pretty upset with his team this year!" Followed my lots of laughs. She found it a whole lot funnier than I did! Gotta love her though!

Anyways, as many many of you know the biggest game of the season is on today at 3:30 Eastern time! The IRON BOWL between the Auburn Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide is the game everyone in SEC waits to watch all year long... well maybe it's not the biggest for everyone, but I have grown to think so in the last five seasons! I wasn't able to go to any games this year, but I was a true fan and watched as much of each game as I could stomach. We haven't had a perfect season, but you have to stand by your team when they have a 13-0 season and when they have a 6-6 season (hopefully after today! :) )

Yesterday I saw the most beautiful omen. My parents' home in Florida is right on a little lake where every morning we have bird sightings and gator sightings, but for the first time we saw a BALD EAGLE circling the lake!!! Even if it wasn't a good sign that we are going to win the game, it was still a reminder of God's beauty. Bald Eagles soaring has always been one of those peaceful beauties that I could watch for hours.

No matter who wins I hope none of the players on either team get injured today. It's such a heart-jerking game that sometimes things can get out of hand when emotions are running high!

Thought I'd leave y'all with a little flash back from the past that MAYBE we'll see happen again today!

Bo Jackson going over the top of the pile in 1982 to score the winning touchdown for Auburn!


Love y'all and WAR EAGLE!!

No comments: