Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cooking.. For One

I loooove to cook.. but it's just not as much fun cookin' for just me instead of for Ankoo or for a big group of friends/family! Instead of getting down about spending a few days alone I decided to head to the store today and find me some new yummy holiday treats to make. My lovely boyfriend's grandma had a magizine last weekend with some great recipes in it, so I thought I just might get lucky and find it! Lucky me, there was one left!! The magizine is Taste of Home: simple & delicious Dec 08 and its a great one if you're lookin for easy recipes during this extremely busy time of year. I'm going to try out the Peppermint Meltaways tomorrow! I'll let you all know how the taste. Don't you just love the holidays?!

Peppermint Meltaways


1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
Frosting:
2 Tbsps butter, softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsps peppermint extract
2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies

In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Shape into 1in. balls, place 2in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350degrees for 10-12min. Remove to wire racks to cool.
In a small mixing bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, milk, extract and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies & sprinkle w/ crushed candies! Makes 3 dozenish

Thank you to everyone who has been stopping by to say hi! I can't wait to get to know you all more!

Love lots,

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi and nice to meet you. Cheryl sent me over.
These looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

in HIM -
Mindy

Big Sister said...

Hey girly!!! I miss you soooooooooo much!!! Promise to come check out MY blog? I know you will by the way it's called,"A Big Sister's Life"!! Love and miss you!!! By the way I'm having a crazy hat party for my b-day party!! We're going out for pizz in our crazy hats!! It's going to be sooooooo fun!!! Wish you & Ankoo could be here for it!!!!!!!! Be sure to check out my blog for pix!!!!

Big Sister said...

BTW: pizz is supposed to be pizza!! LOL!!

Natalie said...

Ooooo! Those meltaways sound so delish! Might have to try that this year! Thanks for sharing!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yummy! Those sound great! I found you from Nat@ Married. I love your blog! I am in update process so you will see a profile pic soon! Hope you are having a blessed day!
PS, I am a follower now!!!